Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Hard day

My csci3111 class was probably the beginning of a long session, got there at 1335 only to find the auditorium teaming with people. There weren't seats and the many years of being a naughty student would take effect today. Many years ago I underwent a gruesome encounter with the cane while in school and today I wished I'd been a saint then. Some of us had to take positions on the floor just to listen to a long and if I must say boring lecture. The content of the lecture didn't bother me as much as sitting on the ground. My butt was so sore that I kept fidgeting as if I had ants in my pants. I guess I'd rather have had the ants than relive the same process next week. Dear Mr Chancellor, we are suffering and it wouldn't hurt if we got a bigger room or maybe better carpet;rugs would be better. Team projects was emphasized and this got my heart racing. Most students in my faculty hate the notion of having to sit through a 5 minute presentation twice a session. That is 10 min in 3 months an get student to change a course to a more essay oriented subject, why do we hate oral presentations so much. I for one tend to freeze at the onset right before it's my turn to take the podium. Once I get there, it's like everything seizes to exist and all I see are my ideas (or some poor blokes ideas that I may have stolen,tough luck!). The time flies and your left with so much more to but there isn't enough time. Back to my butt, I just hope we get a bigger room for next week or I now know which lectures I will be missing this lecture. Might be the most popular lecture with people lining up hours before to secure a seat. Imagine how this would go with the lecturers ego, he might feel like a rock star;just for that moment. I guess he does deserve some pride but, what about those of us who are ever late and believe that the timetable is only a suggestion to lecture times? Off for a back massage,compensation might be on it's way. I didn't get my assignment in on time because I threw my back, there's a valid excuse class of CSCI311. kman production.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home