Wednesday, April 27, 2005

smelly feet in the morning

It is expected that being a university student on some occassion one may miss a shower on a couple of mornings. Let's face it we love sleep and it's also customary to procrastinate unti the day before an assignment is due before we start on it. Summer is known to be the season for light footwear and clothing, thongs to be precise (slippers/patapata/rubber open solewear) hope you know what am talking about. I will be getting back to thongs (underwear ) too, read on on this morning experience.
Class was commencing at 0930hrs aand at by then I had completed mymorning ritual, reset my alrm 5 times to get that extra minute, showered,quicktime dressing, quick breakfast and small dose of morning TV viewing. Nothing like starting a day as a couch pottato to motivate me to hurry through the day to get back to the house for more cable TV. My walk to college was 30min+ and with the sun right on my scalp, I missed on 3rd degree burn by inches. There is a reason I carry and umbrella 24-7, you might think am crazy but I already got my tan at birth and I don't need more sun exposure. If anything I think a few months at the North Pole might do me some good, only problem is black people hate the cold too.
Getting to class I had built up a bit of sweat and I could have used a swim, only problem is I can't swim. Class had started and being 5 min late the best seats were taken, I have the back seats the bastards always seem to make too much noise. Would you expect people to have nothing to say that early, if anything they are supposed to hang over (Oh! that is tomorrow morning, after a night out on Wednesday). God I love college life, we are the only 'race' with our own creed, weekends are for assignments and the rest of the week we frequent the pub,clubs and maybe just maybe attend class only if its after 1100hrs and not after lunch.
My morning was ruined by some individual near me who had really sweaty and hence smelly feet. There is nothing more disgusting like another person's filth, I can't stand my own stench after a hot or workout but this was obviously some sick individual. As mentioned aerlier I could move from that seat, my eye sight limits me to seating near the screen (we don't have blackboards anymore, chalk hasn't been used on campus for over 10yrs+, maybe more). So my ordeal wasn't relieved until the lecturer granted us a ten miute break, you'd have thought it was the 100m olympic final sprint. I dashed for nearest exit, I can't hold my breath for more than 55min and it was 56min since I had a gasp of air. Other than being slightly off colour I made through.
Xmas list has a new item, gas mask for college and those times I go to the movies, there are some people who just don't know when to wear opn shoes. Get from Kman, keep your smelly feet covered and if not powder the damn chemical spillage equivalent with air tight shoes. Nike might consider creating this kind of shoes since Adidas beat them to making a smart shoe. Imagine a shoe that adjust to your personal demands, what the hell is this? How many of us return shoes to the store because we thought we oughta get better air condition in our shoes? Nice job Adidas.
Thongs now...............
watch for the next blog, I gotta watch a movie
Kman productions..................................................................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home