Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Rejected! I?

Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse, I am given the back of the hand on the dance floor. A day after my exams, we decided to celebrate. The only way to do this is my uni area is raid a club and party for a few hours. Clubs don't run until the wee hours of the morning so one is able to make ot work. Most clubs are closed by 0030hrs, plenty of time to catch an evening meal at Mc D's before heading home. Wednesday night was meant to be a big night, most people were done with their exams and anxiety to party was evident, or so we thought.
We made to the club at around 2130hrs, but the was a State of Origin match on this night. The club had it's big screens all out and were broadcasting the match, the dance floor was empty. Two states in the country were glued to their screens or a screen in a bar somewhere. People here like their beers, so it's no wonder most pubs have cashed in on this desire for a drink. Huge plasma screen plaster the wall and what better way for men to enjoy, a football match, beer, second hand smoke, and best of all smelly toilets. After the match, we made it to the dance floor when as usual we'd broken records on dance moves and this wasn't gonna be any different. The usual glance around to lock on your next dancing partner is well mastered that it never fails. This was gonna be a different night though, dancing is part of who we are.
So my boys took one side of the floor and clearly were getting an audience and I took the other end of the floor. Word of advise, don't eat just before going dancing (especially for guys, don't over-eat). Long story short kman was rejected after asking a girl to dance, Kman! Never in life did I think that would happen, I was so surprised that I just burst into laughter (could have been self pity and embarrasement). Anyhow the next 2 requests too were turned down and I reviewed my option in this club just before we left for the next one. Lesson learnt? Am still pondering on what I did wrong, maybe this week I will not have such a bad stretch.
kman productions...........................................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home