Saturday, January 21, 2006

Pitiful

Over the last few days I have pondered over what real power is, to this day am still struggling to come to a sensible conclusion. People have stated " I do what I want, when I want" and I respect that, that takes guts. On the other hand it go me thinking, does that mean you don't consider what other people think or how they may be affected? My life has been interesting, sometimes trying to make people comfortable where possible, compromises have been made. It's rather interesting when you view this argument from both sides of the coin.

1. "I do what I want, when I want" could be seen by most as a sign of independence and I envy those who can take such actions and steps. Pity also sets in when I also realise that this could lead to a me attitude, I don't care what you say, am doing it my way. At what point are we to ease on our personal pleasure and gratification and take others into consideration? This could also be seen as a sign of rebellion, either way, it's purely one sided and could be detrimental to self.

Take for example you are aiming to achieve a goal by the end of a period, you've decided to attempt this task and you don't care what we say. Ambition is great but at what point does this turn into arrogance, separating you from the ones who have tried to have your best interests at heart? They may not have done it right but what about them? You can't do what you want when you want and think you've made.

Here's my revelation, realising that you "can do what you want, when you want" but opting not to do it. Now that is real power in your hands, otherwise you turn into a slave of your own ambitions and wants, other people count and you don't always have to have your way. If you never learn anything in life, learn how to be considerate of others, not letting them dictate your life but considerate. Learn how to be sometimes be uncomfortable sometimes so that someone else can be comfortable. Pity ain't it, do what you want when you want, I thought there was power in that, how wrong I have been. True power I believe is self sacrifice at certain instances in our lives for the sake of others, I .......................

Kman productions...................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home