Wednesday, July 13, 2005

beach life


living 500m from the ocean is very expensive and apparently to die for, I think otherwise. At 24 I still haven't braced myself for swimming lessons, at this rate I might die a non-swimmer; no water sports for me, nothing beyond the bath tub that is. I have lived at my present place for the last 5 years and rarely have I ventured out for a walk by the sea/ocean whatever the difference is. Today was different, I was to take still shots for my friends something to make them envious of my neighbourhood. My sister so happens to be very good at taking my electronics and most of all pinching my AA batteries, what most of my stuff runs on. Today was no exception, she pinched my disc-man. YES! Disc-man I haven't upgraded to an ipood yet, shoot me for all I care! Immediately she arrived I took the batteries off and headed for the beach, to my delight the waves were pounding with vengeance. Great photo shoot I'd be having, so I thought. Test shot was perfect, my camera is at least 2 years old and digital shots aren't brilliant either but good hasn't failed me yet. Boy I need to upgrade my electronic equipment, start saving for a fresh start.

I got 3-4 shoots then when I got the most brilliant idea so far, the damn batteries die. How! Why! I will kill that young girl, she needs to keep her own! Those who think they know may be bare testament that these are very polite terms I've written here and what i trully uttered couldn't have been this polite. So the brilliant idea was writing a message on the sand and sending it out to a friend. I figured this was unique but am sure people have already done this, same with all the brilliant ingenious ideas I think I've had. Isn't is a bummer when you think you have a great idea only to see it already implemented and on the market? What is it they say "yeah life isn't fair"? Go figure. Tomorrow I go back the beach armed with a backpack full of batteries, only this time I hope they aren't duds from my lovely sister. Aren't they the best, huh?
kman Productions................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home